So lately I have been fairly blog silent. Well, my life is moving at a surprisingly rapid rate right now, and that is why. But, I will take the time to get everyone caught up through wonderful bullet-ed format (I know, lazy writing). Here is what has been going on about the last three weeks:
- We moved to the city into our new loft, and I almost died , seriously, I did. Already wrote about that, so look it up
- Processing and working on church planting details with my brother Dhati, and the Blueprint. We are considering a partnership, but very carefully and prayerfully working through the details. Either way, this thing he is doing is going to blow up.
- Having weekly small group meetings with three different groups of people on different days
- Attending worship services at a couple of different church expressions (I know, it’s semantics to some, but not to me)
- Meeting…Meetings…Meetings, and you guessed it, more meetings. We are making some incredible connections here in Atlanta, and I believe it will all workout to glorify God.
- Some connections include the President of Reformed Seminary here in Atlanta, who I had a long lunch with. He is a great man, and he has an incredible vision for this city and the people they will train to serve it. Buddy Hoffman, founding and Senior Pastor of Grace, and current Pastor of a re-plant Midtown Community, and his son Gabe, who has an incredible mind for the nuts and bolts of church planting.
- Applying to the Acts 29 Network as well as ARC, which are both strong church planting networks that I am excited about being a part of in the near or distant future (depending on how God leads Dhati and I through our processing on Blue Print) The Acts 29 application has been like rewriting my thesis.
- So was my application for seminary here in Atlanta
- Starting another new job (details coming)
- Reading globs of theological STUFF…my eyes hurt
- Working on web content and a first talk for City Aces, an new non profit that my good friend Frank Igwe is launching. City Aces stands for Athletes Changing Expectations, focused of course in the inner city. There will be nationwide events, and we could use all of the setup and marketing help any of you could provide from city to city. Frank has asked me, and I have accepted the role of lead communicator at each event.
- Preparing to finally defend my thesis, which has taken a great deal longer than expected because of publication re-writes (2-3 articles will come out of it)
- Writing the introduction for my first manuscript
- And of course spending time with my two girls (the big (my wife) the little (my daughter))
I think that is everything. If it’s not, it should be.